Kitchen appliances have come a long way since grandma’s days. A mini food processor can help even the most unskilled cooks prepare something that is restaurant-worthy (and Chef Ramsey approved!) A vacuum sealer can preserve almost any food to have come out of the freezer just as fresh and tasty as the day it went in. In fact, these appliances are so commonplace now they can be found in most kitchens across the globe. There are a variety of choices available and knowing which one to choose can be difficult.
Small Food Processors
These are both convenient and powerful. They are small enough to sit on a countertop or island for easy reach whenever you need it. Chop vegetables, herbs and other foods in just seconds, rather than minutes by hand. Grandma would definitely appreciate this appliance! Here are some of the most popular models.
- Conair Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor: A reversible stainless-steel blade allows chopping to be done quickly and easily. Also comes with a 3-cup work bowl for an even more comprehensive system. It has a push-button control panel that is easy to operate and is dishwasher safe.
- Black & Decker FP1600B 8-Cup Food Processor: Features include an 8-cup capacity container and pulse option. It comes with a chopping blade and reversible shredding/slicing disc. This will do just about any chopping/slicing/processing job you need.
- Black & Decker EHC650B Ergo 3-Cup Food Chopper: One of the smaller models weighing only 1.6 pounds, but can chop, dice and even make salsa in just seconds. The ergonomic handle allows for easy grip and the high and low pulse button lets you control how food is processed.
If you buy in bulk and freeze many of your meat, veggies and other foods, a vacuum sealer should definitely be on your countertop. It can save you hundreds of dollars by not having to throw out bad food due to freezer burn. These can be used for more than foods too. Use it to seal jewellery, silverware and important documents. Here are some of the top models:
- FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System: This model not only seals in seconds, it comes with a marinade option for great tasting veggies and meat. The crush free feature allows you to seal delicate foods quickly. The removable drip tray is dishwasher safe.
- Seal-a-Meal FSSMSL0160-000 Vacuum Sealer: This sleek design will add flair and sophistication to any kitchen. Features include hands-free sealing, dishwasher safe drip tray and a press/hold/release system.
- FoodSaver V3240 Vacuum Sealing System with Starter Kit: This is a great option for those who are new to vacuum sealing. The starter kit includes several heat-seal bags and a roll so you can seal food in different size portions. There are 2 vacuum speeds and moist/dry food settings for maximum effectiveness. Control panel is easy to use and clean-up is a snap.
Both mini processors and vacuum sealers will help you in the kitchen and will make your life much easier, regardless of your culinary skills (or perhaps lack thereof!).